Saturday, February 12, 2011

Thing a Day 12: 555 Music Sequencer Part 3


This time, that singular note was joined by two friends. Things are getting a little cramped on the board, though, so I doubt I'll add more notes -- my proof of concept is solid. =)

However.. I would like to add more control of the notes, as well as on/off switches for each one, sort of like a normal sequencer. Next time!

As a little bonus at the end of the video, I demonstrated some circuit bending. Lots of hackers have started to pull apart cheap electronic toys (like Speak and Spells) and modifying the innards, making them create sounds that the designers never intended to. At the end of this video, I'm touching some pitch-control resistors with my bare hand, which alters their value -- thereby changing the pitch that the speaker produces. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment