Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Thing a Day 22: A Wikipedia Article

Articles for Creation: Limor Fried

Given that I play with electronics a lot, I follow a few sources online for information. One of them, adafruit.com, has been a great resource for tutorials, kits, and a handy Saturday night Ask an Engineer show.

When I found out today that she received the award of being one of Fast Company's 2011 Most Influential Women in Tech, I popped over to her Wikipedia article, and found.. Nothing. There were a couple of references on other Wikipedia pages, but no real bio.

So I created one. I've done minor editing on Wikipedia before, but I've never been bold. After some research, I was able to whip together a framework with some references and a brief outline. Hopefully it's a good template that it can be expanded and turned into an article. And if not, hopefully I'll get enough feedback from Wikipedia that I'll know more next time I need to create a Wikipedia article.

No comments:

Post a Comment