Friday, February 11, 2011

Thing a Day 10: Debian on Android


I've been meaning to do this for a while, but a friend borrowing my HTC Dream made me dig it out of storage and bring it to my attention. What you see above is Debian being installed on the first Android phone.

I've been working at it for a few hours, but it's mostly just been waiting around while I root my phone or install Cyanogenmod or package up the ported version of Debian, et cetera. Regardless, what I'll end up with is a phone that runs Linux (even moreso than Android does.)

Once I get the Apache webserver running on my phone, I'm going to be giddy for a few days.

P.S.: If you'd like to give it a shot, zed0 has some updated instructions on how to get it going for the most recent Cyanogenmod.

No comments:

Post a Comment