Sunday, February 6, 2011

Thing a Day 6: Shave and a Haircut


Thing a Day 5's fairly tedious work has come to a glorious conclusion! Today, I uploaded my first program to the MSP430 microcontroller. The video above demonstrates my masterpiece.

So.. Clearly just a proof of concept. I learned that Arduino users have it really nice; the MSP430 on Linux is quite rough around the edges. Also, I'm going to have to dive into some tutorials to figure out how to manipulate the real world via this microcontroller.

I'm glad I got it working, though. It's good to broaden my horizons beyond the hand holding (excellently done that it is!) that the Arduino provides.

P.S.: Your computer has somewhere around 16,777,216 times as much RAM as the MSP430 (128 bytes!) in the video above.

No comments:

Post a Comment