Saturday, February 12, 2011

Thing a Day 11: 555 Music Sequencer Part 2



A couple of Things ago, I made a noise maker. Thing before that, I made a ring oscillator.

Today, I have combined their powers!

What you see above is the first note in a sequencer. It isn't very interesting by itself, but in the next Thing, this single note will probably be combined with its brethren -- two more notes, probably of a different pitch.

This one took a while, for two reasons.

First, I'm designing the first note so that I can simply copy (and paste?) the changes for the second and third note. In other words, the connection between the sequencer stuff on the left and the noisy stuff on the right is modular, as it were, so doing it two more times will be really easy.

Second, I'm not really sure of what I'm doing. I have some basic understanding of what's going on, but engineering is different than science -- and without a good grasp of the science, the engineering involves a lot of guesswork.

No comments:

Post a Comment